The smart film, also known as switchable film, or smart touch is a material capable of using AC power to change the light transmission between transparent and opaque. Previous copies of the film were used mainly to render smart glass by laminating it on glass owing to humidity tolerance. The latest (3rd) version of the film can be directly mounted on the windows installer with unique glue and self-adhesive, with continuous moisture resistance improvement. It incorporates several features, such as light adjustment, blocking of Ultraviolet and infrared, advertisement and protection.
Without control, molecules of liquid crystals are disordered. It prevents the film from being penetrated by light, making it invisible.
The liquid crystal particles in the interactive display are pushed into motion when energy is introduced to the smart film, making it transparent.
Application of the smart film
- Electric curtain-Green construction materials are sustainable and energy-saving. When the internal weather is high, the smart film will be in a transparent state; when the light is small, its smart film will be in a transparent state. It uses translucent or mist climate control film, which renders the smart film a haze state.
To give consumers more options, it blends touch IR and control through voice recognition and the product.
Combines LED Tube Full Color.
The projector membrane and several transparent printing membranes are mixed. Smart glass is used daily by architects, interior designers, and auto manufacturers.
- Office Partitions- Glass partitions and walls that are electrically switchable add adaptability and offer interior office designs a “WOW” effect. Including dimming features, the switchable glass could quickly integrate a room from open and accessible to private and personal, and anywhere in between. In agile work environments focused on versatile living spaces, this is particularly helpful.
- Hotels- In hotel guest rooms, elegance and functionality are key components of PDLC smart glass. This technology provides an ideal solution for providing a cozy lounge and sleeping area, a clean and comfortable bathroom, and privacy, so that feels expansive inside limited square footage for intimate moments.
- Hospitals- A need for conventional draperies and curtains is removed by the smart glass, a beneficial function for hospitals and health centers. Analysis indicates that clinician-privacy curtains contain disease-spreading bacteria. Also, glass hospital room partitions are better for isolating sound, providing an additional confidentiality barrier.
- Residential- Swappable window panes, doors, and partitions in the residential sector are starting to appear. Solar control PDLC is used to minimize IR light that generates heat to make homes more energy-efficient, and SPD is used to cover both maintaining spaces cool and reducing HVAC costs. LCG Films are used for outdoor applications, and outdoor windows that address the road or neighbors on LC derived swappable glass so that protection can be obtained without any need for curtains or window shades.
Each glass privacy technology has its pros, cons, and ideal apps.
Although internal security or projection barriers are unique to the PDLC, exterior windows are probably used to use SPD, EC, or a passive solar PDLC.